Tuesday, March 16, 2010

~ The Meaning of Easter ~

Easter is quickly approaching and in my head I am thinking, "What am I going to wear?" "Do I have outfits for all the kids and Terral?" " What am I going to put in their Easter baskets?" Anyway, you get the point. I am almost sure many of you are thinking some of the same thoughts.
So, on my way to work this morning, I was listening to KLOVE (my favorite station). They gave a statistic that was so sad to me. They said only 4 in 10 Americans know why we celebrate Easter. Seriously??? 4 in 10?? That is terrible!! It was so shocking to me. People really think that it is all about the Easter bunny, peeps, and baskets. I am guilty of putting too much emphasis on the unimportant details. I really take for granted the fact I was raised in church and had a wonderful Granny who taught me the importance of knowing THE GOD!!!! My prayer is to make a difference, to reach some people, and tell them the real meaning of Easter.

If you are reading this blog and don't know, please message me. Let me share with you the greatest gift you can receive!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment